Garage Door Safety and Maintenance for the Winter Season
As winter is quickly approaching, homeowners everywhere are preparing for the onset of winter. As a homeowner who uses the garage on a regular basis, it is understandable that you would be concerned about losing heat, protecting for your vehicles and belongings from winter storms, or making necessary repairs before snow and other weather conditions impedes your progress. Homeowners, who are concerned about the wellbeing and comfort of their family and friends who frequent the garage, should looking into upgrading to an insulated garage door to retain a warm, welcoming space. A reliable and professional garage door service, as One Stop Garage Door, will help you with all of your seasonal garage maintenance goals, whether it is a garage door repair, replacement, or installation. Don’t wait until it gets too cold, inaccessible and complicated to tend to the problem. Give your home garage the holiday gift it deserves.
Call us today at 855-516-7867
Is your garage door “hurricane ready”? One Stop Garage Door will help to protect your home from the upcoming hurricane and other harsh weather conditions. Homes with a weak garage door are more easily destroyed by hurricanes than homes with strong garage doors. For example, in 1992, 80% of the damages to homes that Hurricane Andrew caused were due to the wind entry through vulnerable garage doors, according to The Florida Alliance for Safe Homes. An inexpensive garage door repair or installation, which follows the new building codes guidelines that Florida has set into place, is not hard to find. Here at One Stop Garage Door, we have what you are looking for all in one location. Our highly-trained, professional technicians can service you more timely and immediately than other garage door service companies because our garage door technicians are from the local area, fully-equipped, and ready to get your problem fixed right away. One Stop Garage Door’s technicians are fully licensed and insured with years of hands-on experience in the garage door field. Let us provide you a free hurricane garage door inspection and we will make sure it meets the building code for your area.
Besides for the hurricane, other reasons for garage door safety are also important to be considered. Being that the garage door is the largest moving object in your home, weighing as much as 1000 lbs, it is a high-potential safety risk to household members and items if such a heavy object falls due to improper installation or to overdue damage repair. It is proven by statistics that a damaged garage door can be a safety hazard by the fact that over 30,000 people each year are injured by garage door systems that are faulty. Also, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have indicated that many children, between 2 to 14 years old, have been trapped under automatic garage doors and died from brain damage or other serious injuries when the tremendous force of a closing garage door hit them. A simple call for a free garage door inspection will help to prevent accidents from happening.
Make sure to call us at 855-516-7867
One Stop Garage Door has the experience and expertise to quickly diagnose your garage door problem and to provide it the needed attention it requires. Take your household’s safety seriously and call us today to help you properly care and maintain your garage door!
Here are a few simple garage door safety and maintenance tips to help you protect your family and friends:
- Have a high-trained technician check your garage door rollers and cables monthly to ensure that they are in good working order. Never do technical and risky repair work yourself when you can rely on an expert to handle it for you.
- Discourage children from playing around the garage door.
- Don’t leave a disabled person or child near a garage door unattended to.
- Teach your children garage door safety, such as to keep their hands and fingers clear of contact with a moving garage door and its hardware, such as the section joints, hinges, tracks, springs and other parts of the garage door.
- Never let children play with the garage door remote controls.
- Don’t leave automobile or personal property underneath an open garage door.
- Keep the wall button at least 5 feet from the floor and out of the reach of children.
- Call One Stop Garage Door for your annual 25 point safety inspection.